"Personal Information" is any information that can identify you. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and age.What we collect:
1. In order for you to create an account with Openmusic and use our Services, we need to collect and process some Personal Information. Information that is necessary for the use of our Services includes:
your name, email address, and a password.
2. If you register for Openmusic via a third party such as Dropbox or Facebook or Google, they may send us additional information such as, but not limited to, gender and birthdate.
3. Information you may choose to give to us, such as your profile and address.
4. Information we automatically collect from your use of our Services, including:
* IP address.
* Cookie data.
* Device information.
* Browser type.
* Operating system.
* Pages visited.
* Actions performed e.g. projects created.We use this Personal Information to:
* Identify you across the Services (e.g. when you sign in, create a project, or make a comment);
* Provide you with technical support services;
* Communicate with you (e.g. letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements);
* Display the information as part of your Openmusic profile;
* Calculate anonymous, aggregate statistics to better understand our users, improve our Services, and develop new features.
* Personalize and customize your Openmusic experience.
* Measure your use and overall satisfaction with our Services.
* Investigate and prevent reported issues, illegal activity, and breaches of our terms of service.
* Help prevent spam, fraud, abuse, and other prohibited activity.
We treat the personal information above as private by default, so it won’t be displayed on the Site (unless you choose to publicly display applicable information via your account profile), revealed to other Openmusic users, or rented or sold to anyone.
If you are a parent or guardian and learn that your minor child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us using the details below.What can other Openmusic users see?
Our Services are designed to help you share information with the Openmusic community. Any personal information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service will be available to anyone who has access to that content (including other Openmusic users), such as your name, the profile description you create, your location, content you upload, as well as the messages you post and other bits of information that result from your use of the Services.
We may use this information to make inferences, such as what content or projects you might be interested in, so that we may assist in introducing potential collaborators. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide through Openmusic public to the rest of the Openmusic community, but we also offer features, such as direct messages and private invitations to projects, to make the information more private, if you want.Third-parties
We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers, but only where it’s necessary to provide Services to you (e.g., email providers, server providers, etc.). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the Services, we require that they protect your Personal Information to the same standards we do.
We do not and will not release, rent or sell your Personal Information, except in the following very limited situations:
* To comply with an applicable law (including investigations of any crime), regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
* To protect the rights, property, or safety of Openmusic, our employees, our users, or the public;
We never post anything to your Facebook or other third-party accounts without your permission.
).Where do we store your Personal Information?
Our Services are mainly provided from our offices in Canada. However, Personal Information that you submit through the Services may be transferred to countries other than where you reside (for example, to servers in the United States) for processing and storage. In addition, our third party service providers also may process or store your Personal Information on servers outside your country of residence.
By using any of the Services, or submitting any Personal Information via the Services, you authorize Openmusic and its authorized service providers to use and process your Personal Information in these countries. Please be aware that the privacy protections and the rights of authorities and Government agencies to access your personal information in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country.Access to your personal information
If you wish to access any Personal Information that we hold about you, or request that we correct or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you, you may contact us via email at email@example.com. We will comply with such requests to the extent required by law or our policies, and subject to any limitations in our systems.
To access, modify or delete the Personal Information you have provided to us, please log in and update your profile and/or account settings.How does Openmusic protect my Personal Information?
We are continuously implementing and updating physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. They only employees who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business “need-to-know” or whose duties reasonably require such information. On all Openmusic platforms, we support encryption on all transmissions to protect Personal Information submitted on our Site.What happens to your Personal Information when you leave Openmusic?
If you close your account, it will first be deactivated for a period of six months. When your account is deactivated, while it is not viewable on Openmusic, all of your public contributions and comments to the Openmusic community will remain.
For six months after deactivation, it is still possible to restore your account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated. After six months, we permanently delete your Personal Information from our systems, except that your comments and any content you have uploaded but not deleted will remain on the Service.Non-personal information
We may share non-personal information publicly and with various third parties like publishers or advertisers. For example, we may share information with advertisers or publicly to show trends about the general use of our Services.Changes